WordPress Developer and Designer
POSITION TITLE: WordPress Developer and Designer
DEPARTMENT: Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications
REPORTS TO: Reporting to the Director of Content, Digital and PR
OBJECTIVE: In this role, you will you’re your high-level programming skills to develop, design and maintain websites and pages with the goals of helping us put on our best virtual face to the world.
- WordPress site and page design and development from the ground up.
- Managing the workflow process of WordPress site design and development deliverables, including page design, plugin updates, site speed and performance optimization and ongoing maintenance.
- Constantly communicate and work with both marketing and IT teams to execute development and design projects in a timely manner.
Position Functions : Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- A minimum of 3 years of website design and development experience using the WordPress framework.
- In-depth experience developing and customizing WordPress themes from scratch to build entire websites and create landing pages.
- Prior experience customizing themes and templates to exact specs based on mockups, ideas and direction.
- A strong understanding of both UI and UX (and the differences between the two), cross-browser compatibility and accessibility standards.
- Expertise in designing creating responsive websites that look and function well across devices, from desktop to mobile.
- A high level of proficiency in the WordPress framework and using WordPress themes
- The ability to optimize WordPress sites for increased performance and reduced load times
- An understanding of troubleshooting and debugging issues.
- A strong grasp of how to apply security practices to WordPress sites and applications.
- A deep understanding of the best practices and latest developments in WordPress site design and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or professional training and certifications in a relevant IT-related field of study.
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
To apply for this job please visit project.schoolgroup.org.