Regulatory & Compliance Attorney
Regulatory & Compliance Attorney
International Law & Policy
Chief Legal & Compliance Officer (CLCO)
About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Regulatory and Compliance Attorneys work as part of School Group’s legal team and report directly to the Chief Legal Officer. They research and track state, federal, and international policies and regulations to ensure that School Group’s operations are following all applicable laws and regulations.
Draft, update, maintain, and review all of School Group’s agreements, policies and procedures, and other legal documents.
· Make recommendations on legal and regulatory issues relating to state, federal, and international education and volunteer functions.
· Advise and train volunteers to comply with all legal and regulatory issues related to all nonprofit functions in all applicable state, federal, and international arenas.
· Work closely with the senior management to evaluate and respond to compliance violations, including enforcement, disclosure, and remedial action protocols.
· Advise School Group on how to expand its operations into new countries while maintaining international nonprofit status.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
Add positions consulted for this role, both internal and external. Also include direct reports, if any, and level of supervision.
J.D, L.L.M or equivalent international legal degree
· 3-5 years of relevant work experience dealing with corporate compliance programs, in a corporate, nonprofit, or law firm setting.
· Exposure to Intellectual Property Rights
· Exposure to International Law
· Exposure to Compliance in nonprofit organizations
· Experience with online search tools, organizational tools and management systems
· Detail-oriented, resourceful, flexible, articulate, energetic, hard-working and effective at troubleshooting
· Great writing and communications skills
· Ability to pursue and manage projects to completion with a minimum level of supervision
· Ability to work effectively on a variety of matters in a fast-paced environment.
Strong interpersonal skills to develop effective client relationships
· Advanced skill set in Microsoft Office to include MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
· In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
· School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to [email protected] We would love to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit project.schoolgroup.org.