POSITION TITLE: Moodle Developer
DEPARTMENT: Innovation and Technology
REPORTS TO: IT Operations Manager
OBJECTIVE: School Group is looking for an exceptional Moodle developer who can do anything when it comes to Moodle including Moodle customizations, upgrades, plugin development and API integration.
- Designing and building enterprise level learning management systems based on Moodle
- Perform design, configure, customize and implement responsive and effective LMS systems
- Implement multi-tenancy scalable Moodle architecture
- Integrate with plugins when required, write scripts to automate Moodle routines and processes
- Planning and implementing API integrations with third parties when required
- Analyze business processes, and user requirements to establish Moodle
- Support Moodle/PHP implementations and resolve any technical issues
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- Thorough understanding of various Moodle modules and experience in customizing Moodle functionalities and developing custom themes for Moodle
- 3+ years of experience in integrating plug-ins and writing new plug-ins to extend the Moodle system core features
- 3+ years of experience in XML data structures and Web Services (SOA)
- 3+ years of experience in MySQL and other RDBMS
- Proven experience with Moodle API and integration with third party systems
- Knowledge in Zend, Joomla, Drupal or WordPress would be a plus
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
To apply for this job please visit project.schoolgroup.org.