Financial Analyst Manager
Financial Analyst Manager
Chief Financial Officer
About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
SG is seeking an exceptional senior analyst/manager to join the Finance team, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This is a unique opportunity to join a global start-up company with a strong financial position as the anchor financial planning and analysis hire. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working for donor funded projects in a non-profit setting. Expertise in managing a lot of complex excel based tracking systems is required, as are superior organization skills and the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
Partner with and build strong relationships with team members across the organization at all levels; support cross-functionally with problem solving and analysis for department leaders to effectively run their functions
Oversee dissemination of monthly internal budget variance reports. Execute monthly, quarterly, and annual financial planning, strategy, analysis, and budgeting processes, including business segment and departmental reporting and analysis
Own, improve, and enhance financial and operational models, reporting, and analysis; example scope includes company forecast model, commission modeling, new client and product introductions, and productivity improvement
Manage development and updating of Finance & Accounting Manuals
Partner with accounting team members to implement changes to systems and processes, such as expense management and billing automation, accounting system upgrades, and other financial system enhancements
· Oversee grant financial reporting and monitor grant spending
· Manage global allocations, ensuring all departments are tracking according to budgets and updating forecasts as necessary.
· Work closely with Chief Financial Officer to oversee yearly budget process.
· Assist with proposal costing and ad hoc financial analysis
Proactively identify areas for business improvement and produce persuasive, data-driven arguments to support good decisions
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
SG Leadership team
Chief Financial Officer
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
· 4+ years of Finance related experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity, and/or Financial Planning and Analysis, ideally a combination of at least two
· Experience in building multi-year forecast models
Empathetic team player, willing to roll-up sleeves and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
Must have proficiency in developing financial and operating models including three-statement models
Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
· Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
· Non-profit experience preferred. Experience with grants is a plus.
· Experience with Quickbooks, Salesforce, Tableau, and SQL
· Exceptional communication skills and the ability to turn numbers into actionable insights for any stakeholder
· Excellent analytical, reasoning, communication, and problem-solving skills
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
· In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
· School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to [email protected] We would love to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit project.schoolgroup.org.