Volunteer Relations Manager
About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Working in our HR department and collaborating with leaders across the organization, your day-to-day work will involve developing volunteer role descriptions, analyzing staffing needs, and consulting leaders regarding the structure of the organization.
· Coordinates with departments and managers to assess and revise job descriptions in each quarter.
· Maintains records of jobs, descriptions, and other classification information.
· Advise department managers and organization leadership of staffing needs within their respective units.
· Lead, drive, and assist in execution of HR initiatives and projects.
· Stay current on non-profit and remote talent trends.
· The member must able to conduct research on this subject matter.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
Add positions consulted for this role, both internal and external. Also include direct reports, if any, and level of supervision.
· Experience as an HR generalist or specialist in Classification, Recruitment, Selection, or a related field.
· Experience in writing job descriptions.
· Knowledge and understanding of technology/business units besides HR.
· Ability to conduct research on job roles.
· Ability to maintain and manage confidential information.
· Excellent communication and project management skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
· Experience working remotely as part of a small team.
· Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
· Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
· Can work a minimum of 10 hours a week for at least 6 months.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources of Business Management.
· Professional development training in engagement methods and best practices.
· Consulting and coaching experience that allows you to be a persuasive communicator who can build trust and rapport with staff and managers.
· Experience seamlessly and successfully balancing the needs of organizations with staff members.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
· In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
· School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to [email protected] We would love to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit project.schoolgroup.org.