Chief Financial Officer, CFO
POSITION TITLE: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
REPORTS TO: CEO
OBJECTIVE: School Group is looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our organization. As the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for all aspects of the organization’s finance and accounting operations, you will provide comprehensive financial oversight, while playing an integral role in strategically driving our growth by leveraging financial statements to build a more sustainable, mission-focused operational model.
- Collaborate with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on city, state, national, and international levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Work with senior leadership team to establish major financial objectives and policies for the organization.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all financial systems, controls, and reporting activities, including organizational revenue/expenses and balance sheets, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Monitor financial and banking activities of the organization to ensure adequate cash flow to meet operational needs.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of staff wages, salaries, and incentives.
- Continually evaluate our business model by monitoring both effective and underperforming areas to ensure the optimal financial health of the organization.
- Working to strengthen the internal culture of data and accountability in all programs, services, and performance management.
POSITION FUNCTIONS: Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or business.
- 7+ years of previous experience in non-profit financial leadership role
- Extensive finance and cash flow management and analysis.
- Experience presenting to and providing critical financial information to executive leadership teams.
- Outstanding interpersonal, coaching, and listening skills with the ability to communicate positively across all levels of an organization.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience working remotely as part of a small team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
- Can work a minimum of 10 hours a week for at least 6 months.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Experience working in an international organization.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization.
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
To apply for this job please visit schoolgroup.org.