Manager, Operations and Service Delivery
POSITION TITLE: Operations and Service Delivery Manager
DEPARTMENT: Operations and Service Delivery
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
OBJECTIVE: School Group (SG) is looking for an Operations and Service Delivery Manager to develop relationship within departments to intensify strategic cooperation.
- Organize and monitor current operations to ensure the team meets Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and follows the agreed process.
- Align KPIs with SLA and quality measures to ensure the team understands performance metrics and expectations of their daily work.
- Coordinate the team’s workload ensuring both businesses as usual and/or projects are delivered to required deadlines and expected level of quality
- Sets the goals of direct reports and guide them in individual performance management.
- Develop project management and change management strategies, corrective action reporting and tracking, continuous service improvements initiatives.
- Increase the speed and reliability of change within SG whilst ensuring incidents caused by change are minimized by continuously evaluating potential risk and historical success. Put in place tools and processes to effectively communicate and manage change globally.
- Own the change management process and policy for SG teams.
SLA’s, KPI’s, trend analysis and reporting:
- Identify and define SLAs and KPIs within SG organisation. Then work with Business Information teams to implement recording, tracking and reporting of SLA and KPI performance.
- Ensure accurate fault data is captured within the service support processes globally to carry out in-depth trend analysis on the performance of services, technology, and teams. This will allow SG to make data driven decisions in order determine areas of improvement within technology and process on a centralised/global scale.
- Work to deliver consolidated Service Management and Performance Reporting globally.
- Report monthly on NC to all relevant units.
Corrective action reporting and tracking:
- Manage the Corrective Action Report process to ensure reports are compiled for all qualifying major incidents.
- Ensure reports are completed to the correct level of quality and within agreed business timelines.
- Track ad ensure all corrective actions are completed in a timely manner by teams globally to ensure we avoid recurrence of major incidents.
Continuous service improvements initiatives:
- Identify continuous service improvements within SG and track these through to completion within a continuous service improvement register.
- Supporting the management by identifying opportunities for increasing the first-contact fix rate of functions
- Analyse all incident or help tickets not resolved by the teams to identify tasks that could be completed by resources, with adequate training and knowledge sharing by relevant teams, in order to reduce the duration of incidents/help tickets and improve first-contact fix rates within SG.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in IT Service Management and media focussed Major Incident support
- In-depth ITIL and IT Service Management knowledge and certifications
- Minimum 5-8 years in a senior management position with experience managing technology, staff, and budgets (essential)
- Strong analytical mindset
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
To apply for this job please visit project.schoolgroup.org.