POSITION TITLE: Grant Manager
DEPARTMENT: Development & Fundraising
REPORTS TO: Development & Fundraising Director
OBJECTIVE: School Group is looking for a Grant Manager to source available opportunities and support School Group through the rigorous application process for government and philanthropic grants. Types of grants include matching grants, in-kind contributions, operating grants and special grant proposals.
- To source information on available grants and apply the activities of the organization in a way that qualifies for the funding.
- To maintain and coordinate the database of supporters, sponsors, and prospects.
- To update records and manage data as needed.
- To assist the Fundraising Manager with identifying prospective donors.
- To examine the records of existing donors as well as new lists and compare against a set of criteria.
- To manage sensitive, confidential information with high integrity.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Min. 3-4 years’ work experience in a NGO environment; familiarity with fundraising required
- Experience in grant administration preferred
- Previous experience with Salesforce & CRM, a plus.
- Experience/interest in global health and or international development preferred.
- Demonstrated achievements in nonprofit fundraising.
- Demonstrated facility with computer software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Fundraising software, PowerPoint) a distinct advantage.
- Exceptional attention to detail and task follow-through.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to work within a team and provide support to colleagues
- Ability to perform in cross functional team approach
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and “roll-up-my-sleeves” mentality
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org