POSITION TITLE: Grants Associate
DEPARTMENT: Development & Fundraising
REPORTS TO: Development & Fundraising Director
OBJECTIVE: School Group is looking for a Grants Associate to support the preparation and submission of proposals to institutional donors, track all grant activities, and complete the grant administration reporting required for all institutional awards.
- To perform in-depth research on potential fundraising sources, grant making organizations and donors at appropriate places
- Conduct web-based research on prospective foundation & government funders and prepare related reports; track all related submission deadlines.
- To submit effective grant proposals and reports based on need of supporter’s objectives
- To have broad knowledge of curriculum structure, functions and needs
- To possess essential knowledge of grant application process
- To maintain professional and cordial relation with grant coordinator
- To maintain and develop funding calendar activities such as submission deadlines
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Fundraising and/or event planning experience
- Ability to build strong relationships with new people and organizations
- Experience working in an office environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org