Country Marketing Manager, Nepal
POSITION TITLE: Country Marketing Manager, Nepal
DEPARTMENT: Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications
REPORTS TO: Director of Global Marketing
OBJECTIVE: In this role, you will leverage School Group’s existing community of in-country team members (and expand it) to plan and execute marketing strategy that specifically meets the needs of the Nepali market.
- Designing and executing on our marketing strategy for Nepal, incorporating first-hand, learned and researched best-practices into a comprehensive strategic plan.
- Assisting in adapting the voice of School Group to the Nepali community by overseeing the synthesis and translation of information, content and materials in the country for distribution through local channels in line with School Group’s marketing strategy.
- Owning on-the-ground community activity in Nepal by developing and implementing marketing initiatives, programs, events and other activities that will evangelize School Group in Nepal.
- Supporting our Nepali office, volunteers, community ambassadors, technology groups, schools, businesses, partners, supporters and other collaborators to build a thriving School Group community in Nepal.
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of national perception of School Group (including consumers and political sentiment), and report updates and recommendations to Chief Marketing Officer.
- Being a strong representative of School Group values, culture and technology through the interactions you have with people, entities and communities in Nepal.
Position Functions : Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- A minimum of 5-8 years of marketing experience.
- Currently living in Nepal with reliable Internet access.
- Deep, nuanced understanding of Nepal’s marketing and business landscape, culture and trends.
- The ability to build relationships in schools and communities and throughout Nepal.
- Fluency in Nepali (Maithili, a BIG plus).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- A strong, active network of existing personal (or professional) contacts in Nepal, helpful.
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
To apply for this job please visit project.schoolgroup.org.