Chief Human Resources Officer
POSITION TITLE: Chief Human Resources Officer
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: CEO
OBJECTIVE: Reporting directly to the CEO, while leading and overseeing all facets of our human resources functions, you understand that talent is a vital ingredient in any organization’s success. You will bring our international, volunteer-driven organization a strategic mindset combined with the insight of vast experience with the team-building skills of a seasoned management executive. You will be the key player in supporting HR decisions and operations internally as well as be the external face for School Group in all talent-focused external interactions.
- Supporting management by providing human resources direction, advice and counsel.
- Developing organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues, analyzing the data, and developing a plan.
- Complying with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislations, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management as needed actions.
- Guiding School Group by developing, writing and updating policies, procedures, methods and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organizational values.
- Managing all human resources operations including recruitment, staffing, on-boarding, succession planning, training, coaching, counseling, monitoring, and performance management.
- Coaching and mentoring the Human Resources team
- Consulting with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters.
- Working directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Developing and maintaining a human resource information system that meets the organization’s personnel information needs.
Position Functions: Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources (a Master’s degree preferred).
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources, with a portion of your experience being in a senior HR management role.
- Ability and attitude to learn and adapt new technologies.
- Ability to convey a vision of School Group’s strategic future to staff, board members, volunteers, and donors.
- Experience working remotely as part of a small team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
- Can work a minimum of 10 hours a week for at least 6 months.
- Ability to manage, coordinate, and track multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate internally and externally. Excellent leadership, personal, and written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to comfortably interface with all levels of management and to communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcome. Ability to translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications.
- Ability to take initiative and develop Human Resource strategies, demonstrating an eye for constant innovation and improvement.
- Excellent people management and organizational skills. Ability to inspire and coach team members.
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
To apply for this job please visit project.schoolgroup.org.